A robot vacuum is a great solution for people who do not have the possibility or desire to waste their time on routine work. With the help of various devices, you can not only brush up your house but also remove animal hair or even dirt with high quality. Though, you have to pay extra for efficiency. We offer the best robot vacuum rating, among which everyone can choose the best solution for his budget and interests.
What to look for when choosing a robot vacuum cleaner
- Height and dimensions.
The smaller the body is the fewer problems with moving under furniture are
By the way, a small body is not always good because of the smaller parts inside, such as a garbage container (you will have to clean the container more often) and a battery (with a reduced capacity).
- The main rotating turbo brush in the suction port. It provides maximum quality of floor cleaning.
- Battery capacity, operating time, and cleaning area. These three features go together. The longer the robot vacuum holds the charge the more floor surface it will clean.
- The volume of the dust container. The larger the container the less often you will have to open the robot and clean it.
- Noise level. This is an important point when using a robot vacuum, especially when you are at home.
- Complete set of the robot vacuum cleaner: replacement parts, the base for automatic recharging, motion limiters, accessories for device care, instructions in your native language, etc.
- It is more convenient to control the device via smartphone, tablet, or voice speakers.
- Operating modes. Routine, spot, spiral, zigzag, along walls, manual, turbo. In fact, the more preinstalled programs, the better.
Review of the best models
Modern robotic vacuums are able to clean rooms of any configuration and with any furniture as they can not only navigate by touch sensors but also make a map of the space to be cleaned
You will find a suitable model in our list, which presents the top-rated 2020 robot vacuum cleaners.
Best cheap robot vac. Yeedi K650
This best budget robot vacuum is capable of not only vacuuming but also cleaning the floor. Оne water tank of 300 ml is enough for an average apartment as well as the container for dry cleaning, which volume is 400 milliliters. One battery charge, according to the manufacturer, is enough for about 120 minutes of operation: this time is enough to clean several rooms.
The suction power is up to 2000 Pa, so the robot can put things in order even in the kitchen, where cereals or beans were spilled. So, you can choose it as a vacuum for tile floors. Due to the low body height (only 7.9 centimeters), the vacuum cleaner can easily crawl under cabinets and sofas, where a regular mop cannot reach. With the help of a mobile application, you can set a work schedule. The device supports magnetic virtual walls, as well.
Pros of Yeedi K650:
- Reasonable price,
- Gyro navigation, zigzag cleaning mode — no skips or repeats,
- High-quality floor cleaning,
- Long battery life,
- Automatic recharging,
- Cleaning at the appointed time according to the schedule, every day,
- Simultaneous installation of dust and water containers, double cleaning at a time,
- Low noise, it does not interfere with watching TV and talking,
- Voice notification of work statuses and mobile application for remote vacuum control.
Best in сlass. iRobot Roomba S9+
It’s the best among high-class robot vacuum cleaner that combines a whole set of revolutionary technologies.
This device, thanks to the Imprint technology, constantly learns during the cleaning process, studying every corner of the floor and adapting to it
The docking station Clean Base allows the owner to forget about cleaning for weeks because iRobot Roomba S9+ independently empties the bin as it fills. The mobile App iRobot HOME, designed specifically for managing iRobot devices, launches the device according to a schedule, as well as makes floor plans and allows zoning of areas to be cleaned.
The advantages of iRobot Roomba s9 are numerous, we will list out the most basic ones:
- Ability to update the embedded software,
- Smart navigation system,
- Ability to limit the cleaning area,
- iRobot HOME mobile application,
- D-shape design,
- PerfectEdge function for improved cleaning of corners and along walls,
- Carpet Boost function for better cleaning of carpets,
- Working according to the schedule (schedule for the week),
- Three-stage cleaning system,
- High-efficiency HEPA filter,
- Dirt Detect technology, which detects dirty areas,
- Imprint Link technology, which allows joint cleaning with iRobot Braava Jet M6,
- Supports voice control via Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
Best for smart home integration. Neato Botvac D7 Connected
The main features of this device are its powerful engine, an advanced navigation system, and, most importantly, top-end technical characteristics. This allows the best smart robot vacuum Neato D7 Connected to clean thoroughly even in the most difficult-to-reach places. In addition, this gadget is one of the best options for robot vacuum, which is able to memorize several cleaning plans.
There other significant advantages, as well.
- The model is equipped with a Wi-Fi module so that you can manage the cleaning process remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Thanks to the exclusive LDS Advanced Mapping technology the device can create a unique cleaning map, including a virtual layout. The coverage, thoroughness, and speed of cleaning increases fourfold.
- Navigation technology “Floor Planner Advanced Mapping & Cleaning” allows not only creating a cleaning map to the vacuum cleaner but also displaying it on the owner’s smartphone screen.
- Botvac D7 Connected is the first model in its segment to feature a virtual “No-Go” barrier.
- The navigation system and special sensors allow Botvac D7 to carefully avoid obstacles so as not to damage furniture or floor decor, even in the complete absence of lighting.
- Botvac D7 robot cleaner is absolutely compatible with the new IFTTT technology, which provides the most flexible and comfortable device control.
These and other innovations ensure that the new Neato adapts seamlessly to any room connected to the smart home system with the prospect of broader integration with Google Home, Apple Watch, Amazon Alexa, Neato ChatBot, and Facebook.
Best for Pets. Xiaomi Roborock S6 MaxV
This model is the top-of-the-line in the product range of the company.
An innovative solution that was implemented in the best robot vacuum for pet hair S6 MaxV is a double front camera that allows recognizing objects on the floor and go around them
This solution eliminates such unpleasant situations as being caught in wires, damage to fragile objects, and smearing of your pets’ droppings on the floor. So, it’s the best option for the robot vacuum for dog hair.
The following features are also worth noting:
- The suction power is high, so the robot copes well with cleaning on various surfaces.
- This model is suitable for cleaning in multi-level houses as it saves unique maps and determines which floor it is on.
- There all the advanced features in Roborock S6 MaxV. It collected the latest opportunities that are available on the market.
- Simultaneous dry and wet cleaning is provided. Both a dust collector and an electronically fed water tank are installed. It is the best design solution.
- The design of the robot itself, the build, and materials quality are at a high level. The robot vacuum cleaner matches the premium segment.
- Mobile application Mi Home, works with Alice.
A Vac with many skills. Deebot Ozmo T8 AIVI
Thanks to its many useful features, the improved Ecovacs vacuum cleaner is an excellent choice for homeowners with complex planning or lots of furniture.
The main advantage of this auto vacuum is the built-in camera in the front of the device that is combined with DToF laser detection technology
It ensures clear recognition of even small objects on the floor. You don’t have to spend extra time preparing rooms before activating the vacuum cleaner — it will not be caught in socks, wires, and curtains.
This cleaning robot has many other advantages:
- Technology for detecting objects on the floor,
- Building a room map,
- Saving several maps in memory (relevant for two- or three-story houses),
- Long working time,
- Automated recognition of carpets and increased suction power,
- Simultaneous dry and wet cleaning,
- Setting virtual boundaries,
- Functions for cleaning a specific room, prioritization,
- Control from a smartphone,
- Works with voice assistants,
- Electronic adjustment of the suction power and the degree of the wetting,
- Two side brushes.
Best for low-clearance furniture. Eufy RoboVac 11S
Avoiding obstacles and not getting tangled in wires is not about Eufy Robovac 11. However, it has its advantages and the most important is that it easily passes under beds and sofas thanks to its maximum height of 7.8 cm. This model of the vacuum cleaner has other useful properties, as well:
- excellent suction power,
- reasonable price,
- very quiet (approx.16 dB),
- easy cleaning.
If desired, the user can control the robot manually or program a schedule specifying the working hours and days off. The robot will not notify you when the dust collector is full but due to the large capacity of the tank (600 ml), this will not be a great problem. If you remove all the small items that might catch Robovac’s attention in advance, the vacuum cleaner, despite the chaotic navigation, will perfectly clean your room.
Best for different floor types. iRobot Roomba i7+
One of the latest innovations from iRobot is Roomba i7+. We can justly call this robot the most autonomous one today: it combines good technical characteristics, functions of modern intelligent navigation and mapping, is controlled from a smartphone, as well as by means of voice commands, and is equipped with a docking station for automatic removal of collected dust.
It’s the best robot vacuum for your hardwood floors and any other types of flooring, including linoleum, parquet, tile, laminate, wood, carpets
You can use it both at home and for cleaning small office spaces.
So, the main pros are:
- Stylish design, small dimensions,
- Good equipment,
- High suction power,
- Three-stage cleaning system,
- Modern navigation and mapping,
- Smartphone control and voice commands,
- Automatic adaptation to any type of floor,
- “Anti-confusion” and automatic recognition of the most contaminated areas,
- Several operating modes,
- Self-cleaning function at the station.
Please note that this best robot vacuum cleaner for carpet is for dry cleaning only.
How much does it cost?
|Yeedi K650||From $199.99|
|iRobot Roomba S9+||From $1,399|
|Neato Botvac D7 Connected||From $749|
|Xiaomi Roborock S6 MaxV||From $499.99|
|Deebot Ozmo T8 AIVI||From $475.99|
|Eufy RoboVac 11S||From $213.39|
|iRobot Roomba i7+||From $399|
Tired of the daily cleaning? Entrust it to a gadget — a smart robotic vacuum cleaner. Do not forget that our rating is for informational purposes only. Compare the best-rated robot vacuums and choose the device that suits your needs.